Medical Liability/Tort Reform
Not too long ago, the practice of medicine in Ohio was in peril. The state was in the midst of a medical liability crisis. With premiums increasing nearly 30 percent year after year, many doctors were eliminating high-risk procedures while others contemplated leaving the practice of medicine altogether. Access to care was in jeopardy and the future of medicine in Ohio was uncertain.
However, through the work of the OSMA, physicians rallied together to change the medical liability landscape in Ohio.
Rally at the Statehouse
Risk tips provided by The Doctors Company
- Reducing Risks in Telephone Triage
- Improving Handoff Communication
- Sample Medications
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Working With Noncompliant Patients; Ending Patient Relationships
- Improving Communication with Patients
- How Safe is Safe Enough?
- Don’t Make Patients Compete for Attention with EHR
- Copy Machines: Risky Business?
- Better Communication Between Doctors and Patients
- Can One Bad Comment or Online Review Ruin Your Practice?