Physicians who own and/or work in pain management clinics must complete at least 20 hours of category 1 continuing medical education (CME) in pain medicine every two years. The education must include at least one course that addresses the potential for addiction. The pain management courses will be accepted toward a physician’s category 1 education requirement.
There are a number of live and online courses that will help you meet these requirements; a few are listed below. The OSMA does not endorse these courses; they are listed only as a reference.
- American Medical Association (AMA) Pain Management Series
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Pain Mangement CME Podcasts
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Live Online CME Training
- Audio-Digest Foundation Comprehensive Reviews Pain Management
- Ohio Policy Program on HB 93 by Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- Prescribers’ Clinical Support System for Opioid Therapies