Are there any exemptions from jury duty for physicians?
There is no physician exemption from serving jury duty. The following six reasons are the only permitted excuses from serving on jury duty: the juror will necessarily be absent from the county at the scheduled time; the interests of the public or the juror will be materially harmed by the juror's presence; the juror is physically unable to serve; the juror's spouse or a near relative of the spouse or juror is very ill or recently died; the juror was already called within the same jury year in that county; or the juror is a cloistered member of a religious organization. If one of these excuses applies, the physician will still have to serve on jury duty, but at a later date.

For more information about jury duty in your county, contact your local county court.
Can you refer me to an attorney who represents physicians before the State Medical Board of Ohio?
For assistance, please e-mail us at info@osma.org.
Does the OSMA still publish the "Physician's Guide to Ohio Law"?
No. The OSMA no longer publishes the "Physician's Guide to Ohio Law." However, much of the information that had been included in the guide is available through various sources such as the, OSMA Web site; the AMA Web site; and the State Medical Board of Ohio's Web site.
How can I obtain a copy of the AMA's Code of Medical Ethics?
Download AMA ethical opinions as part of the AMA Policy Finder on the AMA's Web site at www.ama-assn.org, or you can purchase a copy from the AMA by calling (800) 621-8335 or visiting AMABookstore.com.
How can I place an advertisement on the OSMA Web site?
Naylor, LLC places Web advertisements for the OSMA. Contact Erik Henson at (800) 369-6220 ext. 3443, Direct: (352) 333-3443, or e-mail at: ehenson@naylor.com.

Click here for more information on placing a classified ad.
How can my child get an HPV vaccine if I don’t have insurance?
According the CDC's website: "The Vaccines for Children (VFC) program helps families of eligible children who might not otherwise have access to vaccines. The program provides vaccines at no cost to doctors who serve eligible children. Children younger than 19 years of age are eligible for VFC vaccines if they are Medicaid-eligible, American Indian, or Alaska Native or have no health insurance. "Underinsured" children who have health insurance that does not cover vaccination can receive VFC vaccines through Federally Qualified Health Centers or Rural Health Centers. Parents of uninsured or underinsured children who receive vaccines at no cost through the VFC Program should check with their health care providers about possible administration fees that might apply. These fees help providers cover the costs that result from important services like storing the vaccines and paying staff members to give vaccines to patients. For more information about the VFC program, visit the VFC Program website."
What diseases must be reported to the Department of Health?
Physicians are required to report a significant number of communicable diseases. A complete list of reportable diseases can be obtained from the Ohio Department of Health's Web site. Visit www.odh.ohio.gov, and then search for communicable diseases.

Another option is to contact your local health department.
What if I need overnight accommodations for education courses at the OSMA?
Should you need overnight accommodations, there are two local hotels within a half mile of the our facility: Homewood Suites, 3841 Park Mill Run, Hilliard (614) 529-4100 and the Comfort Suites, 3831 Park Mill Run, Hilliard (614) 529-8118.
Will HPV vaccination be covered by health insurance?
According to the CDC's website: "Most health insurance plans cover recommended vaccines. But there may be a lag time after a vaccine is recommended before it gets added to insurance plans. Some insurance plans may not cover any or all vaccines. Check with your insurance provider to see if the cost of the vaccine is covered before going to the doctor."